Structure Fire – Weston Street - July 26, 2005

This where all that training pays off! A routine gas grill fire on a rear deck turned out to be much more than expected. The grill was right next to the rear wall of the home between the chimney and the rear door. The fire extended up the shingles on the back of the house and entered the attic through the eaves. DFC Mark Weston (C2) was first in and declared a “working fire”. A total of 46 Carver Firefighters worked the incident. Due to the very hot and humid conditions they were relieved frequently and rotated through rehab. One Firefighter was transported by Carver EMS to the Jordan Hospital suffering from heat exhaustion, and was treated and released. (Photo’s by Firefighters Rob Reardon and Gerry Farquharson)