Chimney Fire – Woodhaven Street - May 4, 2013

Fire Company’s 1 and 2 were dispatched to a reported chimney fire on Woodhaven Street in the center Carver District.  Engine 1, Engine 2 and Rescue 1 under the Command of Chief Weston responded to the call.  On arrival, fire was visible from the chimney and smoke was venting through the first floor entry door.  Engine 1 Company was ordered to check for extension in the attic and basement, while Engine 2 Company laddered the roof and worked to extinguish the chimney fire.  All Companies reported no fire extension found.  The chimney fire was extinguished and the house was vented of smoke.  Very close call here!  (Photo’s by Retired Chief Bill Harriman)